Sign Ups for Events as a Unit
Once you have your unit login and password, you are ready to sign up for events. As mentioned, your unit rosters should be already uploaded in Tentaroo. This information will also be updated after all the recharter paperwork is entered. If you are an out-of-council unit or your roster is not uploaded, you will need to add your youth and adults to your roster before you can sign up for an event. If this is the case, just add the youth whom are signing up for the event. Once entered, this data stays in the account so it only needs to be entered once.
- Once you login you will see the Registration tab appear by the Join Scouting tab. Click on that to open the Registration Menu.
- You will notice the icons across the top. These icons will change depending on which event you are highlighting. For example, if you are clicked on Camp Sasakwa, your roster will not appear in the menu bar. Make sure you look at the Switch Event / Facility next to the Refresh Button on the right to make sure you are on the correct item.
- HOME - shows you events available to sign up on the left and when you highlight them, the details appear on the right.
- PROFILE - shows the unit information we have on file.
- ROSTER - this shows what adults / youth are pre-loaded into the system. IMPORTANT - READ THIS... If you are clicked on an event that only takes adult registrations such as Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills - only your adult roster will appear. It is here in the roster that you can add new adults or youth. When adding people to your roster be sure you add the new adults using the NEW button by the adults and add new youth using the NEW button by youth. The system defaults to ADD YOUTH so LOOK at the heading above the data entry area to ensure you are entering the correct participant type. You can also delete youth or adults by clicking the delete button and saving.
- EVENT REGISTRATION - this is where you actually sign people up for events. NOTE: IN ORDER TO SIGN SOMEONE UP FOR AN EVENT THE FIRST MUST BE IN THE ROSTER. Some events such as summer camp will have multitple options (each week for example). On this tab you click on New Youth Registration or New Adult Registration. Each event will require some different information such as shirt size. Click on the name from the roster, then the event. Then click on Create Registration, fill in required information and Save. Here you can either Return to Event to continue adding registrations or Check Out.
- PRODUCTS - show products that are relevant to a specific event.
- CART - shows all of the items in your cart. You can cancel a registration by clicking on the red X or change it by clicking on the note pad.
- ORDERS - shows all previous orders in the system.
Only units can reserve facilities. Once you reserve a facility the tent icon will appear in your menu. For directions on reserving facilities, click on the Facilities tab in the sidebar menu.
Some events have specific merit badges or programs that individuals sign up to attend. Users can drag & drop these class options into each individual's registration within a unit's registration.