To All: Scouts and Cub Scouts
Subject: LibertyFest Flag Corp
Date: Wednesday, July 4th 2019 Parade
Time: Line-up at 8:00 a.m. Start Walking at 08:45 a.m.
1. The Flag Corp will be made up of the following units:
A. The lead unit with the U.S. Flag, Oklahoma Flag and City of Edmond Flag
B. 50' X 76' American Flag
C. The next unit will carry 18 U.S. Flags
D. A collection of State Flags
E. All-Scouts and-Cub Scout unit’s walking-and-carrying unit flags
2. The Flag Corp is for WALKING/MARCHING units only.
3. All walkers/marchers must wear approved BSA uniforms.
4. No participant under the age of six (6) years of age can march.
5. Because of the time of year and weather, all participants are encouraged to carry water.
6. PARADE DAY: The Flag Corp and Marching Scouts will assemble on the East side of the UCO Library next to Ayers street no later the 08:00 a.m.
7. PARKING: Parents: You cannot drive to the UCO Library and drop off your scout.
Park in the lots around the UCO Wellness Center or Field house. Enter these parking lots off University Street North of Ayers Street. Walk from these lots to the Flag Staging area, East of UCO Library.
Park in the parking lots next to the Wellness Center North of Ayers off of University St.
If you wish to enter a float or participate in the Parade other than marching in the Flag Corp or with your Scout unit, a separate entry form must be submitted and that entry will be put in a separate location in the Parade. The City of Edmond Special Events Committee has determined that all bicycle and tricycle participants in any City Sponsored Event, regardless of age, must wear a safety helmet (skateboards are not allowed in the LibertyFest parade). In addition, a parent or adult guardian must accompany any non-marching participant under the age of six (6) years of age.