Camping Call Night2
As summer is quickly approaching – I would like to ask for the help of the Camping Committees to help us ensure that our summer programs are successful!
The summer experiences of boy in Scouting are the pivotal experiences that they remember for years—sometimes well into adulthood. Those experiences are critical to a youth’s Scouting experience, and to retaining them in our program! The kickoff of our key summer programs is just a few weeks away…..
There are still slots in all of those programs for youth who want to participate – and it’s our job as Camping Chairs to make sure that parents and leaders know that youth can attend:
- Any Day Camp
- Any Session of Resident Camp – even if it is different from other youth in their Pack or Troop
- And sometimes – even without a leader with them
- Boy Scout Maverick Camp
- Or Cub Scout Resident Camp – with a parent – and we can connect you with another Pack for camping
- Day Camp – if you have one leader – we can combine dens
These things above are what we are going to call and discuss with Cub Scout Pack Leadership and Boy Scout Troop Leadership on
- Call Night Dates - May 9 & 18.
- Time - 6:30-8:00pm
- Dinner provided for those calling from Gaylord Service Center in OKC
- Call Nights can be set up to be done “in district” as groups outside of metro OKC
To RSVP to help us with this effort to GET YOUTH TO CAMP THIS SUMMER – please email email@example.com or let your District Executive know!
Thank you so much for all that you do to support Scouting’s mission to positively impact our youth!
David Shearer | Council Camp & Outdoor Promotons Chair
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Last Frontier Council
3031 NW 64th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73116