50th Anniversary Celebration
Kerr Scout Ranch - 50th Anniversary Celebration and Staff Alumni Reunion
This event is for Staff Alumni, Executive Board Members, former Campers, Parents of Scouts, Future Parents of Scouts, and anyone who would like to help us celebrate 50 years of great camping at Slippery Falls!!
Info about the 2-day event is below, with "Frequently Asked Questions" below the info. Registration form is on this page along with opportunities to purchase t-shirts for the event and a special shirt for Staff Alumni only!
- There are also links below to download PDFs of the "flyer" and agenda for Friday/Saturday on one page.
50th Anniversary Celebration / Alumni Staff Reunion
June 30-July 1, 2017
All SFSR/KSR staff alumni are invited to participate in this fun-filled weekend. Bring your family and guests for a trip down memory lane at Slippery Falls.
Friday, June 30 - 4:30pm – 9:30pm
Enjoy visitor’s dinner in the dining hall, a special dedication of the flag plaza honoring all staff members, visit the trading post, and close the evening with the Friday night campfire.
Saturday, July 1 - 9:00am – 5:00pm
Enjoy the day visiting your favorite campsite, fishing from Turtle Rock, branding, getting wet at the Falls, loading a time capsule, and taking a fun trip down memory lane with old and new friends. Lunch will be served with a program, door prizes, and maybe even a few surprises.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to participate both Friday and Saturday?
- No, you can participate when you can. We would like to see everyone both days, but we understand.
- I cannot attend, but would like to participate. How can I do this?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and he will print your thoughts/memories/photos and share with the group on the days of the event. You can also purchase a special tshirt - see below for details.
- Can I bring my family?
- Yes, this is a family event. Come share your memories of Slippery Falls with your family.
- I’m not currently in scouting can I attend?
- All current and former staff members are welcome to attend this event. You are not required to be currently registered in the BSA.
- Can I bring my RV to camp?
- Sorry, NO.
- It’s the 4th of July Weekend, can I bring fireworks?
- No, please do not bring any fireworks to camp. Feel free to go shot them outside of camp or attend the community fireworks displays in Sulphur or Tishomingo.
Staff Alumni - Help us Reach Out!!!
If you know how to get in touch with other staff alumni - through social media, or just through friendships/contacts - let us know. There is a spreadsheet that has names of staff, years served, and positions (per the painted staff boards hanging @ camp) - but we are missing a lot of years!!
On this spreadsheet - stored on GoogleDrive - there is a place to fill in phone, email, address for staff. If you are staff and would like a link - please email Chris.Daughtrey@scouting.org and he will send you a private link to the document.
|Agenda||Agenda of activities on Friday and Saturday for 50th Anniversary Celebration and Staff Alumni Reunion.||Download|
|Flyer||Flyer for Staff Alumni Reunion at Kerr Scout Ranch Slippery Falls June 30 - July 1 activties and information.||Download|
|Shirt-50th Anniversary||This is the 50th Anniversary t-shirt. These are availble for pre-order on the form below and also will be available to buy in the camp trading post. (Order on form below to be sure to get one!!)||Download|
|Camp Director||William Schwartze||(210) 705-9213|
|Director of Support Services||Bob Bock||(507) 696-1860|